Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How to delay going to bed

Liam has quite a bag of tricks in delaying bedtime. Here are the things he tried in a single night:

Mommy puts him in his crib, says goodnight and leaves the room.
Liam: "mama, mama"
Mommy: "Liam, what do you need?"
Liam: "I want some water"
So mommy and Liam goes to get water and then back to bed. Mommy leaves to get herselves ready for bed.
Liam: "Mama, Mama"
Mommy: "Yes Liam, what is wrong?"
Liam: "My hand..."
Mommy: "What is wrong with your hand?" and notices Liam has put his hand in between the crib slats. It is not stuck but he insists Mommy needs to help. So, mommy pulls his hand back, tucks him in again, says goodnight and leaves the room again.
Liam: "Mama, Mama"
Mommy: "Liam, it's time to go to sleep"
Liam: "I have the hiccups, need to drink some water"
Mommy and Liam goes to get water; at the same time Mommy observes that Liam doesn't have the hiccups.
Mommy: "Liam, I don't hear any hiccups"
Liam: "I had one earlier"
After a sip of water, it is back to bed for Liam.
While Mommy is tucking him in again, Liam is rolling, twisting all different ways.
Mommy: "What are you doing?"
Liam: "Liam wants to sleep on pillow monkey"
Ok, Mommy positions his pillow monkey so he can rest his head on it.
Mommy: "Good night Liam, go to sleep"
Mommy goes to her room.
Liam: "mama, mama"
Mommy: "Liam, go to sleep!"
Liam (moving his head around): "I am not comfortable"
Mommy: "Well, let's not sleep on the pillow monkey" and removes the pillow monkey.
Liam: "I am comforable now"
Mommy bids goodnight and leaves again.
Liam: "Mama, Mama, come keep Liam company"
Mommy comes back and lays down on the floor next to Liam. Liam is asleep within minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment